By eliminating the friction that all first-time NFT buyers experience.
With Crossmint, you only need an email address and a credit card to buy an NFT.
It works on every device, from all web browsers, and takes less than 1 minute.
No crypto or wallet needed!
Before we get into Crossmint's significant advantages, let's talk about the usual journey to purchase an NFT first. Spoiler: It's tedious! 😖
- Create a crypto wallet
- First, you've got to learn what wallet you need for which blockchain
- Then you need to create one
- And you need to enter a complex passphrase
- Then, you need to record the recovery key and lock it in a safe
- Obtain cryptocurrency for purchasing
- Figure out which exchange is the best for buying crypto
- Understand any geographical or governmental restrictions
- Link your bank account
- Perform KYC (identity verification)
- Transfer funds to the exchange
- Wait several days (up to 7 days for new buyers)
- Transfer it to your crypto wallet - make sure the address is correct
- Buy your NFT and hold it
- Connect your crypto wallet on the mint site (ensure it's not a scam) or marketplace
- Read and sign transactions
- Buy a Ledger or other hardware wallet and install/configure it
- Move NFTs from hot wallets to warm or cold (hardware) wallets
This process can take days or weeks and involves a lot of careful learning to be sure you're doing everything correctly. Even for experienced users, it's a hassle. 👎
Crossmint solves this problem in 3️⃣ easy steps:
- Sign up for Crossmint
- Select your NFT and buy with a credit card
- Login to Crossmint with your email address and view your NFTs!
Additionally, with Crossmint:
- having an existing crypto wallet or cryptocurrency is not required
- you can view NFTs from multiple blockchains in the same place
- you can access your NFTs from any device or browser
- your NFTs are secure with our Fireblocks technology
- you don't need to worry about storing complex recovery keys
- you can easily participate in the next NFT drop or secondary purchase without worrying about having crypto on hand!
Note: you do not need to open a dApp or login to a wallet app to use Crossmint.